Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 20, 2010

Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in all of this chaos and sometimes I feel like I am on top of it all.  I don't even know how I feel about it today but I know one thing.  If ONE thing I do or say touches someone's life and changes it in a good way, then I will be overjoyed.  I just want to make a difference and help other people make a difference.  I want someone who may have had nobody and been lonely for 7 months, while her husband is deployed, get out there with her new found Sisters and have a BLAST!  I want her to be able to hold her head up high and say that she is going to make it through because she is a strong woman with a strong support system behind her, pushing or pulling her thought it, if need be.  That is what we are here for.  I want to spend time with each chapter, but I just don't know when that will be feasible.  I hope to get all of our chapters up and going strong, so that I can do that.  I want each of our chapters to have a shirt or even more than one shirt that the girls are so proud to wear!  I want this to be something to be proud of!  I certainly am!  I have never seen anything grow like this has!  We now have 19 chapters.  One of them is all the way in Japan!  Someone messaged me this morning and is thinking about starting a chapter where they are! We could have 20 chapters, soon!  How exciting is that?!  I am so happy to know that girls who probably would never have met, are talking because of USMC Sisters and it has nothing to do with me.  Sure, I spend a lot of time trying to connect people and get the kinks out of the system, with the help of my AWESOME Board of Directors, but it has nothing to do with me. It has EVERYTHING to do with you.  If you are reading this and you are a Sister, THANK YOU for putting yourself out there and being willing to be a part of my dream.  If you are not a Sister and are in love with a US Marine, check us out on Facebook and request to join!  If you are reading this and you aren't a Sister and are not in love with a Marine, you can still support us.  We will be taking donations as soon as we have our non-profit status.  You can volunteer to help ANY of our chapters with our fundraisers and community projects.  We will have Tshirts made, that you can buy, that say "I support USMC Sisters.  Helping them to help others."  The profits made from those will go toward helping Sisters who don't have the money to get to their Marine.  It goes toward community projects.  It helps us get our name out there so we can help as many people as possible!  We are here to love each other through it all and we are going to do it by loving our communities, too.

Each Sister is a blessing.  Each donation will be a blessing.  Every project will be a blessing.

I feel very blessed.
Jessica <3

No comments:

Post a Comment